Naive? - a Poem

Naive? – A Poem
By Mahbubul Karim (Sohel)
November 9, 2009

Hear me out
Oh beauty and truth!
May I stand as cool
Or utterly uncouth
Hear me out
Oh deceived!
Oh dishevelled brute!
Your bullets and bombs
Blast bones, cut veins
And arteries
Open like flowing river
Of blood
Splattered on the wall
Of concrete or straws
Where trail of hands
Smear the last thread
Of yearn
Hear me out
Oh fantastic!
Oh clever prick!
Staged killings
Even shed real blood
Snuff out life of real
Someone’s brother, husband
Son and daughter
Rest in the coffin, in open graves
Or strapped in hospital bed
In the name of piety
Or is it flagging false
Of dying dread?

God, Allah, Adonai, Bhagwan,
Jesus Christ and eternal Buddha
Hear me out!
Oh the all mighty!
Lord of the universe
The creator of animals and serpents
In abundance, in treachery
Bring down your wrath
Bring down
Monster pollute
Stop staging
The very real death

Hear me out
Oh naive idiot!
Begging you
Don’t shoot!
Don’t shoot!





Comments